Samsung's Good Lock May 10 2016, 0 Comments
In a previous post, we have seen how much Samsung have put into their TouchWiz UI to make it a lot more appealing and unobtrusive. The company has now gone even further with the creation of Good Lock, an app available in the Galaxy Apps Store that provides even more customization to the user interface.
It was created as a response to user feedback, and aims to correct parts of the user interface users don't like or would like changed. In the past, if a manufacturer wanted to tweak the system, they had to do it with a system update, but this would take a lot of time and didn't respond to the users' changing needs. With Good Lock, however, Samsung is able to consistently change various parts of the UI through regular updates in order to perfect their UI.
There have already been a number of welcome changes brought about by Good Lock including:
- disable the app tray in the recent apps menu
- disable the 'Keep notifications' tab in the notification shade; allowing you to swipe in both directions to dismiss notifications
- switch between the old and the new recent apps list
- an 'Advanced' section in the Settings menu
- new Quick Settings toggle options that weren't supported before
- edit the Lock screen layout
How to get the app
Unfortunately, the app is only available for the latest flagships including the Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S6 and Note 5. You can get it through the Samsung Galaxy apps app, but that means you need to have a Samsung account, so start creating one if you don't own one already.